Sunday, August 18, 2013

Student Gallery: Book-Based Art

At the end of the 2012-2013 school year I began to imagine my future classroom. At the middle level I think it is important that students have the ability to play with different extended curricular options such as art, industrial tech, computers, speech, and drama. One of the first rotations that my 7th graders participate is an art unit.

Students spend six weeks create phenomenal art pieces using clay, watercolor, oil, colored pencils, and media collages.



Melding my two loves of reading and artwork my students and I created a "Student Gallery" in my classroom in which students created artwork based upon their favorite books/series that they read in 7th grade. Some recreated the cover art while others went above and beyond by copying favorite passages and creating anime art to represent the characters. What a creative bunch of students!

All of my students featured in the gallery were excited to see their work on my walls at the beginning of the school year. I look forward to seeing my student gallery grow each year!



No comments:

Post a Comment